Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Beginner Blogger

Well I am a beginner at all this! My friend Jennifer H asked me today if I blog and I was like ..HUH? She told me if I enjoy writing then I would love this. And so here I am! Trying things out! But just one question: who in the world came up with the term "blog" ? haha! Oh well! I'll give it my best! I guess since this is a beginning I'll just tell a little about myself! My name is Heather and I am 22 years old. I live in the beautiful southern state of Georgia. Go Dawgs!! :o) I was borned and raised here and I absolutely love it here. I am a big family person! I love to be around my family anytime I can! I am really close with my mother and Nana. They are two of the most important people in my life! I am a christian. I go to a wonderful southern baptist church. It's not a church that goes by any schedule. We make our own! We do not have a list of certain songs we are going to sing. We don't know what the preacher will preach on that morning until he gets up there and delivers his message. He is probably the best pastor I have ever had. He is so passionate about the Lord and really gets in to his preaching! He is amazing! We sing mostly southern gospel songs. Old hymns too! It's really an amazing church! Besides family and God I have the most amazing friends ever! My two best friends are wonderful. Jennifer got married in January and moved out to Washington with her new hubby. He got a good job offer out there. But hopefully, if things go like we're all praying they will, they may get to move back really soon! And Jandi is finishing up her last year in college. They both have always been there for me and listened to me when I needed them most! I don't know where I'd be without them! As far as my likes in general.. I love movies! I am a big movie buff. I get that from my dad! He's always made me watch movies I wouldn't normally choose. And of course, I always end up enjoying them. He and my mother are divorced and have been for several years. Both have since remarried as well. I have one little sister, Heidi. Or should I say younger, haha. She is taller than I am! She is 19 years old. (Gosh I feel old!) and she is finishing her first year of college. She is such a strong person. Stronger than I am! She is blunt and will tell you like it is which is something I love about her! She is smart! And beautiful! And she has become more than a sister to me, she is a friend! I also have another little sister, sorta! It's a confusing situation at this point. She is my cousin's daughter and things happen in life that no one can predict and as a result you get an unexpected surprise which turns into an amazing thing. My Dad and stepmom have stepped forward to take care of her when her parents lost custody. She is two years old and she has quickly taken over my heart. I adore her! I wondered how this was going to change things in all our lives but she has won us all over and it has become a blessing to have her in our lives! I wouldn't have it any other way now!
And unfortunately I am out of time for today! Haha! I am actually at work right now, and it's just about quitting time! I'll try to think of more things to write about and other things to share and I'll try to "blog" (haha still such a funny word ! ) as often as I can! ... So thanks for reading thus far!

1 comment: